This Sunday the Humane Society is holding it’s annual Walk for the Animals around the lake at beautiful Constitution Gardens (behind the WWII memorial). All proceeds benefit the lifesaving adoption, humane education, and spay/neuter programs of Washington Humane Society and The Humane Society of the United States. Sign-in starts at 10am and the walk starts at noon. And dogs are, of course, welcome!
Highlights of the day include:
- Wellness Natural Food for Pets station
- Intown Restoration’s Canine Agility Course
- Washington Humane Society Mobile Cat & Dog Adoption Center and $35 Microchip Clinic
- Bark Bars (treats for your dog) sponsored by Doggie Style Bakery and GreenPets
- Cosmic Catnip’s Kitty Café (treats to take home for your cat)
- Dogs by Day’s Dog/Owner Look-a-Like Contest
- American Airlines Best Dressed Canine Contest
- Goody bags and T-shirts for registered participants
There is a great video from last year’s event on the Humane Society’s Site. If you can’t make it on Sunday, please consider making a donation!