If you don’t have plans for Saturday afternoon yet, add this to your calendar: H Street Festival is back and it sounds like it will be bigger and better than ever! Among the many many things planned, Curbside Cupcakes (which will soon be delivering in DC) and Dangerously Delicious Pies (which will soon be opening on H Street) will both be debuting their tasty treats.
Other reasons to come:
- Rock and Roll Hotel has a full line up of bands and a DJ
- Palace of Wonders is reportedly putting on a family-friendly version of their burlesque show. Maybe some of their sword swallowers will be walking around too?
- The Pug is sponsoring a boxing ring with our local Nomis Gym and Babie Doll Productions.
- The H Street Country Club will have piñatas in the alley next to their restaurant and mini-golf tournament inside.
- More than 15 Art Cars will be on display
- While Biergarten Haus (the new beer garden) won’t open for months, the owner is building a German beer garden in front of his under-construction restaurant at 1355 H.
That’s all just a taste of what you’ll find. Lots of vendors and other entertainment will be filling up H Street NE between 10th and 14th Street. Free shuttle bus service from Union Station and Chinatown will be available as well as free shuttles from Eastern Market (I’m waiting for more info on this). There will also be free bike valet service available. So come on down from noon-6pm!